Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I'M A REAL BOY, or, Why Can't I Wear Old Spice If I Want To?

I have a confession. I bought a stick of Old Spice deodorant just because I like the way it smells. Sometimes I put it on before I go to bed because the scent comforts me. It makes me feel like I have a boy sleeping next to me. Or some heavenly scented man-angel watching me as I sleep. I don’t know what it is about Old Spice specifically -- there’s no way I would wear Axe (or whatever other scents guys like) -- but I love it. And if this makes me sound like a crazy single girl who is desperate for the scent of a man in her life, so be it. I’m not going to stop. Pair some Old Spice with an oversized sweater as PJs, and that is the best night of sleep ever. I also shave my legs with men’s shaving cream. It foams better, gives me a closer shave, and doesn’t smell like gross raspberry mango coconut cream or whatever scent Skintimate is trying to force on unsuspecting women at the moment. My bathroom smells like a man for two days, but you know what? I’m obviously okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment